We have all, at least, thought about what it would be like to bang that hottie down across the hall, our best opposite (or same) gender friend, that one really sexy ex, or maybe our silver fox professor without any sort of commitment.
Yeah, you’ve thought about. I’ve thought about. Your mom has probably thought about it (not mine, mine is a saint).
Luckily for you, I have compiled a little check list to optimize your FWB adventure.
Here are the top five essential tools to a successful FWB relationship:
- An agreement- It might be important to note that there is no room for emotions here, both of you have to sign this in blood.
- Condoms- Stay safe kids. Seriously, this is a game without rules; you do not know who else they are playing naked twister with. It’s better to wrap it up than have to take twenty shots of penicillin.
- Lube- Don’t you dare put your needs second. After all, this is supposed to be fun, no need for faking it. If the sex sucks, just LEAVE.
- Official and original CTA- Coming up with a clear and concise call to action that can be easily concealed can be a lifesaver. No eggplant emojis, we all know what that means. The point is to keep it “hush hush”.
- A bucket for your tears- Let’s be real, this NEVER works out, but at least we tried, right?
In all seriousness, there is no check list.
Protecting yourself emotionally, is just as important as physically, but a lot harder.
I am not saying some of you can’t pull this kind of relationship off, some of you can, and I envy you. However, we know ourselves well enough to know our patterns, habits, and feelings.
And if there is one thing that can screw up our happiness, it’s our patterns.
I am just encouraging you to think it through.